This privacy notice provides information about how the University and the Birmingham Day Nurseries uses your personal information in relation to using our website, https://www.birminghamdaynurseries.co.uk/ and subdomains only.
To find out more about how the Birmingham Day Nurseries process and handle yours and your child’s personal data you can read the Nursery privacy notice on the University of Birmingham website.
How does this privacy notice relate to other privacy notices?
The website contains links to third-party websites that may be of interest to users. We are not responsible for the content of these websites and have no control over any personal data collected on them.
What personal data will be processed?
We collect information about you when you visit our website, and when you interact with our pages.
We also collect information when you voluntarily complete contact forms, provide feedback and submit queries. This may include:
- Information that you provide to us: name, contact details, nationality, or other fields on our online forms
- Information about your child that you provide to us: name, date of birth, expected start date, or other fields on our online forms
Any page requesting this personal information will provide details of how the information will be used and/or refer you to an appropriate privacy notice.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information, which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website – if your browser preferences allow it.
- IP address
- Areas of the site visited and how long you spend on each page
- Areas of the site you click on
- Information about your computer (the make and model), the browser you are using, your network location, time zone, mobile information the type of connection you are using
Like almost all websites, we maintain log files on our web servers, which include your IP address and data relating to the requests you make on our website (for example: request size, date, and referrer). These logs are held for diagnostic purposes and to improve and maintain the security and resilience of the site. These files are only accessed by authorised members of staff, though they may be made available to the police on request.
The University is committed to ensuring the security of our website and any information you provide using the site. The University has procedures in place to help protect against loss, misuse and alteration of information.
What is the purpose of the processing?
The University will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Improve the site by monitoring how you use it and ensure that we understand who uses our website
- Analyse the popularity, impact and security of our site
- Respond to any feedback you send to us, if you’ve asked us to
- Personalising your online experience with us
- Examining trends, or assisting us in research
- Help answer your questions and solve any issues you have
How long is your data kept?
We use Google Analytics cookies to hold information about your visit to our site and our data is kept for 26 months before and is destroyed after.
Data collected through contact forms, feedback and queries will be held for only the period for which that data is being processed and is outlined in the Nursery privacy notice on the University of Birmingham website.
Your rights in relation to your data
Details about your rights are set out on the website page Data Protection – How the University Uses Your Data. This also explains how to ask any questions you may have about how your personal data is used, exercise any of your rights or complain about the way your data is being handled.