- a brand new nursery on the University of Birmingham campus, opening January 2019
- a fresh new curiosity approach, exclusively for 2 to 4-year-olds
- drawing on the styles of Reggio Emilia, Steiner, Te Whariki and Montessori
- natural play resources, fostering your child’s creativity, imagination and joyfulness
- from the same team who make The Elms and The Oaks so special
- fully-qualified staff with training in paediatric first aid, food hygiene and safeguarding, offering the highest level of care
- regular visits to Winterbourne’s seven-acre botanic garden, directly through our own garden gate
- an allotment in Winterbourne’s grounds, for children to grow their own vegetables
- working towards becoming an accredited curiosity approach day nursery
Our Daily Sessions
- We’re open 50.8 weeks of the year,
excluding public holidays, University closed days
and two staff training days.
- We have a safe off-road drop-off and pick-up area,
and we’re easy to get to by car or by public transport. Check the map.
- Our opening hours are designed to make life easy for you,
fitting childcare around your work and other commitments. You can choose for your child to be with us full time, or mornings or afternoons only.
- You can find The Maples next to Winterbourne
House and Garden on the University of Birmingham’s Edgbaston campus – but you don't need to have a connection to the University. Everyone's welcome.
Work for us
Join us from the very beginning. Jobs at The Maples Day Nursery offer competitive rates of pay, outstanding holiday provision, great flexibility and support for your career development – plus a beautiful and creative place to work. To find out more, email your CV to Nursery Manager Heather Bench.
Ready to join the Maples?
The Maples will open in January 2019 – but you can apply for a place for your 2 to 4-year-old now. While we’re still preparing the new nursery, we’ll arrange short ‘settling in’ sessions for your child at The Elms or The Oaks, to help them – and you! – become familiar with a new environment, and to get to know key members of staff.